Monday, June 2, 2008

We are up and runnung!!!

Well folks, this is the first step in my blogging life. I hope to provide everyone with photography tips, photoshop & lightroom tips and lots of photographs from my studio and location work. Also lots of FINE ART and info on my shows, seminars, classes and workshops.

Now a little info on me. My name is Mike Nalley and I was first introduced to photography in 1974 by a close friend, who is still a local photographer in the Metro Atlanta area. I fell so in love with the medium that 5 years later I persued and successfully acheived an Associate of Arts in Photography from the Art Institute of Atlanta in 1980.

I owned a successful studio in Marietta, GA for a few years and made ends meet, met lots of gorgeous models and enjoyed tons of commercial assignments. Shortly after I met a wonderful girl, got married, helped raise 3 fantastic children and lost the itch.

Hooray for February 2006 when I spent 1 month on St. George Island outside Apalachicola, Florida with film cameras in hand. I shot about 30 rolls of B&W and Transparency film, of which I had 1 really good and printable image, but I had my shooting eye back and my love for the art back. I have yet to slow down since then.

I now shoot almost completely with Canon digital equipment and own a studio in Dallas, GA. I have shown in numerous galleries in Metro Atlanta and have had work shown in many competitions locally. I have a one man show scheduled for October 3- November 26, 2008 at the Golden Isles Arts and Humanities Association in Brunswick, GA. Also another one man show at the Carrollton Cultural Arts Center in Carrollton, GA.

Hope to see all of you sometime at events and gatherings.

Mike

No comments: