Monday, December 1, 2008

" A Unique Person I Met"




I was on my way to Brunswick, GA last Tuesday to get my photography exhibit and just outside McRae, GA I saw these sculptures. I noticed the location and decided I would stop on my way back. When I pulled up, no one was home. I eventually talked to the grandson and his grandfather was out getting breakfast. I was afraid I would not be able to wait. I started photographing his works and soon after he came home.
Charley has been working with metal for years and had some amazing work, most of which were motorized. His fisherman and fish was an inspiration after his grandson caught a huge fish. The horse he made to attach to the old kerosene wagon he had. Charley was an amazing personality to meet. He has recently been forced to retire at age 85 because of a pacemaker. Which won't do well with the electric welder.
If you are ever on the Golden Isles Highway, please stop by and see Charley Grimsley.
Look for the big fish and the fisherman.


No comments: