Monday, December 22, 2008

" The Oldest Cemetary In Brunswick, GA "


These images were made on one of my many trips to the coast of Georgia. This was the first cemetary in Brunswick and has some plots from the 1700's. I just loved the old live oaks covered with moss. There were quite a few confederate graves and most had flags from Memorial Day. The light on this one was really spectacular. The wind allowed for the motion to show on the moss.
The other image was from the grave of Eula Brown, wife of Harry F. Dunwoody. Born in 1862 and died in 1890, only 28 years old. The headstone was very unique and I shot quite a few images, this was the best. The city of Brunswick still maintains the cemetary today. Hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping up with your Brunswick photos for a month or so. Good job capturing parts of our town.

TSL said...

I have stood in coastal cemeteries more times than I can count. I am feeling that same breeze shown in the moss in my spirit. Nice blog.