Monday, December 8, 2008

" HDR Week "

This is my very first attempt at producing a High Dynamic Range photo. As you can see I chose a very safe image taken this fall at Sweetwater Creek state park in Metro Atlanta. It was a good candidate being that it was later in the morning and the best light had already passed. The area above the fall had little detail and the foreground was somewhat blown. All in all I thought it went very well for my first attempt.

I used Photomatix Pro 3.1, which is a great program to use and relatively simple to start with. It is still not simple and requires some practice. There are many coupons available for this product. NAPP is the one I used, which gives members 20% off, to bring the cost down to around $79. This is a steal for the work this program will do.

I will be posting some more HDR's the rest of this week. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: