Monday, January 26, 2009

" Amicalola River "

Good Morning. Well I got up yesterday at 4:30 AM, packed all my gear, got in the car and headed out. I wanted to go to a place a friend told me about, The End of the World. It is a section of rapids below GA Highway 53 on the Amicalola River. By far one of the easiest places I have ever been, just a short walk on a wooden boardwalk and an even shorter walk once the boardwalk ends.

This place is unbeleivable, the only bad part was by the time I arrived it had become solid overcast, not a real bad thing when shooting water. I was only able to cover some of the rapids as time permitted, but I will be back. I will post more as the week goes on. Directions from Marietta, go I-575 until it becomes Hwy 515, take to GA Hwy 53 east go about 2-3 miles past the Big Canoe commercial area and you will cross the Amicalola river, turn left into parking area and walk down the stairs. The End of the World is to your left.
Hope you enjoy!!

No comments: